National Post Launches Redesigned Website
Same Trusted News and Views
Richer Digital Experience
June 17, 2020 (Toronto, ON) — National Post is pleased to announce the launch of a completely rebuilt website with a better reader experience to increase discoverability and a streamlined layout. The new site also delivers more value for advertisers with higher impact, increased viewability, and better targeting for their campaigns.
Postmedia product and development teams are constantly iterating on the feedback we receive from readers, innovation from our teams and industry advances, to maximize the reader experience and advertiser results.
“The redesigned National Post website delivers our award-winning reporting and thought-provoking commentary with an easy-to-navigate new design and top-speed page performance,” said Rob Roberts, Editor in Chief, National Post.
- According to Google PageSpeed Insights, the new site is up to 68 per cent faster to load on mobile devices, exceeding the best-in-class standard for performance.
- The redesign delivers an uninterrupted scrolling experience.
- More white space and less clutter make it easier to browse.
- Curated index and category pages spotlight the newest, most relevant stories.
- It’s easier to find the best videos and related playlists.
- The new site offers improved accessibility including a primary navigation menu that can be used with or without a mouse.
- Fully responsive on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Discoverability widgets help users find new content on the site or across the network
- Comments are now cross-device compatible and let users leave a comment, get email notifications and follow or unfollow other commenters.
- Additional ad slots on home page and long-form content
- Improved performance due to viewability
- Rich Interscroller
The initiative is being supported by an integrated advertising campaign produced in-house by Postmedia’s marketing team.
Visit www.nationalpost.com to experience the new site.
About National Post
National Post is a division of Postmedia Network Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Postmedia Network Canada Corp. (TSX:PNC.A, PNC.B), a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online, and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it. This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. For more information, visit www.postmedia.com or www.postmediasolutions.com.
For more information:
Vice President, Communications